Writing Goals

Work on thesis statement makes sense with the introduction



Give more support for my opinions



Varity of sentence starters



Monday, January 24, 2011

Pearl Response

Why I Didn’t like The Pearl

1/24/11

Nick Majeskie

It was I boring day while I read The Pearl. The book was as dull as ever and the chapter seemed to never end. Kino turned down the pearl buyers offer. BORING. That was how I felt when I was reading the book The Pearl, written by John Steinbeck. John Steinbeck made the book so lifeless. The book, The Pearl, was not enjoyable to read, I didn't like the book, The Pearl.

The reasons why I didn’t like the book, was there it wasn't an interesting book. In addition to that it wasn’t a book that I wanted to keep reading. Also the book had very few action parts, one time is it had action was when Kino attacked the hunters but, they shot Coyotito in the head and he died. The only other part that had action was when Kino killed the person who attacked him on the beach. There was only two action parts to me that is a boring book. This book could have been written with more action.

Other reasons were I didn’t enjoy the book was it was too short. John Steinbeck should have written more. This book was too short the story was they found a pearl that was worth a lot of money but, they were cheated by the pear buyers so he didn’t accept the offer and he tried to go to the capital. They ended up never making it to the capital and Coyotito got shot in the head from the hunters that were trying to get the pearl. After all of that they went back to their brush house and threw the pearl back into the ocean. That was what happened in the story. There should have been more to it. They should have gone to the capital and sold the pearl but, in the end they have the money stolen from them. Also the one who stole it would be his brother and after they realize it was stolen he would be long gone. Then they should go back to the brush houses and go back to their regular lives.

In the end this book seemed lifeless and not very enjoyable. There isn’t enough action or enough length to the book to my likings. If there was more action and it was a bit longer it would have been more enjoyable. In the end I didn’t enjoy reading the book The Pearl.

1 comment: