Nick Majeskie
1/28/11
Have you ever been afraid of water before? I haven't but, the main character in Deep Water is, written by William O. Douglas. This short story seemed uninteresting to me. There were many things I didn't enjoy about this short story.
Even though it is true and you can't change what happened but, you could have made it more interesting and there should have been a little more detail. It is a good thing he came over his fear and will never fear water again but, there was not much detail. It doesn't even say his name. Also at times it was detailed but, too much there is about one whole page of him going under and back up and back down when he was drownig in the pool. He stretched that part a little long, that was pretty much the whole story. In addition to that why would you he write a story about his fear?
The story was to short at times, I know it is hard to stretch things that are true but, he did once and it was the whole story the ducking part he just restated what had happened the first time he went under. Also I don't understand why he is afraid of water he is 90 percent of water in his body so he is saying he is afraid of himself. Also how would he drink water that is how you stay alive. Maybe he is only afraid of big amounts of water but, it never states that he is afraid of big amounts of water. If it did say that he was only afraid of bigger amounts of water the short story would make more sense.
In the end after reading the short story Deep Water I have realized that this piece was not written very well to my likings. If I would have to grade this short story out of five stars I would give it only two the reasoning would be uninteresting, not enough details at times and too much at others, and parts were stretched too long. I didn't enjoy reading Deep Water.
No comments:
Post a Comment