Writing Goals

Work on thesis statement makes sense with the introduction



Give more support for my opinions



Varity of sentence starters



Monday, October 3, 2011

Might Casey

Author’s Note: This is a letter from his General manger saying what he did wrong for being so cocky and what consequences are.

9/26/11

Nick Majeskie

Dear Casey,


I have saw your last game, I also saw you strike out to end the game. Thanks to “Mighty Casey” we lost and now we aren’t going to the playoffs because if that game. The Nashville Sound is going to the playoffs instead of us. Flynn and Jimmy Blake came through for you and you couldn’t follow up. If you weren’t so cocky and tried to swing at the first two pitches we could have won.

I know you came through at other times but, when it came to the big stuff you failed me, I’m disappointed of your performance and your cocky display. That proves that if you’re cocky you will never prevail. Maybe if you did come through I wouldn’t be that mad at you.

See now you have learned a life lesson maybe that will help you next year I don’t have to offer you another contract since yours expired this year I’m considering not to. I will have to discuss with the fellow board members to see if we should or shouldn’t offer you a contract. I paid big bucks for you to come here and lead Mudville to its first playoff appearance or maybe a world championship. I traded many players to get you and when it is your time to shine but, you were too cocky to swing.

The board of Mudville baseball is disappointed in your judgment of how you should have played the game and hears by not giving you a contract next year so you will become a free agent and another team may pick you up if they want.

Sincerely,
General Manger Bob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment