Fetch Response
Nick Majeskie
3/9/11
"When I walked into the room for my interview with the professor a great big dog came hurling at me. Once the dog reached he knocked me down to the floor. The professor told me to play with the dog while he got ready. I was playing with a ball and I would throw the ball he would bring it back. After a while it was boring me and I decided to throw it out the window then the dog jump start out the window." Page 59. This was the beginning the short story Fetch, written by Robb White. This book shows how a cliffhanger is written because at the end of the story it didn't have an ending. There were many things I enjoyed in this story but, many more dislikes.
I didn't like this book. There are a couple reasons why I didn't. One of the main reasons was it was a cliffhanger ending. The book ended when the professor said “I need to know what type of man I'm bringing on this expedition" on page 61. There could be many ways the book could have ended now since there is a cliffhanger. To me the ending wraps up the whole story and summarizes what had happened. Also the cliffhanger leaves the story as a tragedy mode of literature or a comedy.
As well as having a cliffhanger it was too short. I had no clue on what was happening all I know was a professor was taking college kids on some expedition. They could have at least said what the expedition was about. Since it was short it didn't have enough detail it was hard telling what was going on. They writer could have expanded the story. He could have at the end put down if he got the job or not. Then if he did then tell what expedition they were going on and tell the adventure of the expedition.
Finally the book was hard to understand. The short story was hard to understand mainly because of the cliffhanger ending and the lack of detail. This short story could have had a lot more understanding if Robb White took off the cliffhanger ending. As well as taking the cliffhanger ending add more to the story. This book was very hard to understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment