Writing Goals

Work on thesis statement makes sense with the introduction



Give more support for my opinions



Varity of sentence starters



Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Foresight

Nick Majeskie

12/12/11

Author’s Note: This short essay is about what I think will happen in the book April Mornings.

In the book April Mornings, the book is leading up to a huge part. This book is in the time period of the Revolutionary War. A small town is preparing for a British army to come and attack them, so they formed a militia. The army contains thousands of British soldiers and the militia has about sixty men. Even though the odds are against the men, I still think they will win the battle to my prior knowledge of the Revolutionary War.

I predict that they will win because they have the element of surprise and I saw the movie The Patriot. In the movie there is a small village similar to the one in the book. The main characters son is in love with this girl that lives right next to him. This is the same situation in the book. In the movie the militia protects the town. In the movie, even though they don't protect the town, they protect the main characters family be putting them in hiding. Also, I have read in history books that the Americans won the war. I think they would represent this single battle as the whole war. Why would they write a book about a small town losing a battle there is no point. So I think the small town would win the battle.

Finally, I would think the small town would win the war because of my prior knowledge of historical events in time. I am not sure why the writer would write about a battle that would be lost when history has proved that the battle was won.

1 comment: